Italy is known for its rich heritage of arts and architecture but there is no other city like Venice. It’s so beautiful and completely different from anywhere I have been. Taking a gondola ride through the tiny canals while looking at incredible architecture is a wonderful and romantic moment to share with your loved one.
If you have just one night in Venice, I would recommend trying a few of these things:
For Coffee Lovers
Head to Caffè Girani, a Venetian coffee company near St Mark’s Square that has been around since 1928. Locals and visitors come here to buy the smooth aromatic blends crafted by a wonderful mother and daughter team.
Where To Stay
- Belmond Hotel Cipriani – The Belmond Hotel Cipriani is a luxurious reprieve from the hustle and bustle of St. Marks place. Accessible only by private boat, you can get lost in the hotels gorgeous gardens or spend hours dining at their exquisite restaurants.
- The Gritti Palace – The Gritti Palace is an exquisite hotel. Every detail is exquisite and the hotel’s views of the lagoon are simply stunning.
Where To Eat
- Oro – The new shining spot on the fine dining scene that is awarded a Michelin star for its exquisite cuisine.
- Cipriani Gardens – Set in a romantic garden setting, Locanda Cipriani offers a truly Italian dining experience. The service is impeccable and the pastas and wine are out of this world.
- Gritti Palace – At the restaurant at Gritti Palace you can find venetian classics, elevated cocktails. Sit on the terrace to enjoy lagoon views while you dine.