These cheesy egg muffins are so fluffy and delightful. They are gluten free and a delicious low-carb breakfast. They taste delicious served with sliced tomatoes and Bulgarian feta cheese… takes me back to memory lane from my childhood in Bulgaria. I used to love waking up to the smell of fresh baked tutmanik. The traditional tutmanik is baked with lots of flour, butter, eggs and feta cheese. AH it used to be a favorite of my and now I have created a healthier version.
Cheesy Egg Muffins
Makes 12 Servings
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
- STEP 2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the yogurt with baking soda.
- STEP 3. Measure out the rest of the ingredients and add to the bowl with yogurt and baking soda. Stir well but don’t over mix! It is important the batter stays a little chunky, the muffins will turn out fluffier.
- STEP 4. Combine the batter evenly between 12 greased muffin cups.
- STEP 5. Bake on 450 F for 15 minutes, turn off oven and let sit in oven for 5 extra minutes to firm up. Take out of oven and serve with sliced tomatoes.