I’ve been eating this dish ever since I can remember. It was a popular week night meal my mom used to make for us during my teenage years. Now we have created this healthier alfredo version and it is ideal for those of you who are on a gluten free diet! The cream in the sauce can be substituted with coconut milk if desired. Both ways taste equally delicious.
Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo
- brown rice pasta of your choice
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- 10 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup organic cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Parmesan, Asiago blend, shaved
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- STEP 1. Melt the ghee and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the shallots. Sauté for 2 minutes until translucent, and add the garlic. Add the chicken and lightly brown on each side, about 5 minutes.
- STEP 2. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, until some of the water evaporates.
- STEP 3. Add the cream, coconut milk, nutmeg, pepper, and salt, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- STEP 4. Meanwhile cook the pasta and steam the broccoli until tender.
- STEP 5. Add the cheese into the sauce and toss until the cheese is melted.
- STEP 6. Add the pasta and broccoli to the sauce. Gently toss together.
- STEP 7. Serve immediately and enjoy!