This is a very popular dessert in Bulgaria and it is wayyyyy healthier than regular flan. My grandma and mom always made it when I was younger and I am so happy to be able to carry on this tradition! It is light, fluffy, and completely guilt free! Enjoy this deliciousness with a smile on your face! xx
Flan With Squash
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp honey, melted
For The Flan:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
- STEP 2. Place the squash in a 9 x 9 baking pan and pour the honey and coconut oil over it.
- STEP 3. Bake for 20 minutes until soft.
- STEP 4. In the meantime prepare the flan mixture by mixing the eggs, coconut milk, sugar, honey and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- STEP 5. Take the squash out, let cool for 2 minutes.
- STEP 6. Reduce oven to 375 F.
- STEP 7. Pour the flan mixture over the squash and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- STEP 8. Let cool completely, and refrigerate for an hour before serving.