Gluten-free apple crumble is what is going to be on my Thanksgiving dinner table this year! This dessert is so good, everyone that has tried it ends up devouring it in minutes! My boyfriend loves these easy individual apple crisps so much that he sometimes eats them for breakfast too! Loaded with heart healthy fats from the walnuts and high in fiber content, it is the perfect mix of healthy & delicious. This is a great dessert to whip up when your expecting guests, prepare it early in the day, bake it, and heat up just before serving. Goes wonderfully well with vanilla ice cream. I like to use Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss.
Gluten-Free Apple Crumble
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for greasing the ramekins
- 1 1/2 organic fuji apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
– vegan vanilla ice cream
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease 4 ramekins with coconut oil.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped apples with honey and cinnamon. Distribute the mix evenly on the bottom of the ramekins.
- STEP 3. Combine all of the crumble ingredients in a bowl, and stir until mixed throughly. Spread out the crumble mixture over the apples and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- STEP 4. Serve with coconut yogurt or vanilla ice-cream if desired. Enjoy!