By starting your morning off with protein and fiber, you will be sure to stay fully satisfied until lunch. These muffins are loaded with healthy fats, fiber, protein and low in carbs. I love making these muffins on the weekend so they last me throughout the week. They can be refrigerated for up to 5 days, making them ideal for grab and go on those busy weekday mornings.
Grain Free Savory Muffins
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp hemp or flax seeds
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup mix of Italian cheese (romano, parmesan, mozzarella)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 8 oz package spinach, sautéed
- 3 green onions, chopped and sautéed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 430 F.
- STEP 2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté spinach and green onions for 3-4 minutes.
- STEP 3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the yogurt with baking soda.
- STEP 4. Measure out the rest of the ingredients and add to the bowl with yogurt and baking soda. Stir well but don’t over mix! It is important the batter stays a little clunky and the muffins will turn out fluffier.
- STEP 5. Combine the batter evenly between 9 greased muffin cups.
- STEP 6. Bake on 430 F for 20 to 22 minutes, timing will differ with each oven. Serve with sliced tomatoes.