These beans are steamed and covered with a tomato-garlicky sauce to make the perfect side dish for the holidays. Green beans are a great source of vitamin A, E, B6 and are also rich in copper, iron and protein.
Green Beans with Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb green beans, cleaned
- 3 medium tomatoes, grated (try to get softer tomatoes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Steam the green beans for 15 minutes, until tender.
- STEP 2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a sauce pan and add minced garlic and tomatoes. Stir well, and cook covered on low to medium heat for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3. Add cooked beans, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for another minute. Transfer to a serving plate.