My mom is famous for this dish! I just tweaked a bit to make it more tailored to the #healthywithnedi way of eating. Instead of frying the zucchini, I prefer to grill it and serve the garlic sauce on the side. This way everyone can have as much or as little of the dairy as they prefer. It is a really delicious side dish that can be enjoyed all year around.
Grilled Zucchini with Garlic Yogurt
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in circles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For The Sauce:
- 5 tbsp Greek plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- STEP 2. Brush zucchini with olive oil and season with seasonings on each side.
- STEP 3. Arrange zucchini in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until tender.
- STEP 4. Place zucchini in a plate over a paper towel to soak up any access oil/water.
- STEP 5. In a glass bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, dill and salt. Spread the mixture evenly over zucchini and serve warm or cold.