If you travel a lot, like I do, you know that the food in airports and on airplanes can leave a lot to be desired. It is often unhealthy, full of empty calories or ingredients that you can’t pronounce, expensive and tasteless. Not a good combination, lol. Every time I travel I pack my own healthy travel snacks to make sure I’m both happy and satisfied.
10 Healthy Travel Snacks For Frequent Flyers
- Justin’s Almond Butter – Justin’s packages their delicious peanut butter in individual packets that are perfect for throwing in your bag for a travel snack. Each packet contains 6 grams of protein.
- GG High Fiber Crackers – It is no secret that I LOVE these crackers. 4 of these crackers has just 80 calories, 8 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber. Fiber is known to help with weight loss, improve digestion, and promote heart health. You can top the fiber crackers with Justin’s almond butter for a yummy, filling snack.
- Raw Nuts – Nuts pack a powerful nutritional punch! I usually bring a mix of pistachios, macadamia and brazil nuts. Pistachios are known as the “skinny nut” because they have fewer calories and fat thank most nuts. Studies have shown that eating raw nuts may improve heart health and brain memory.
- Juice Press Kelp Noodles – I always stop by Juice Press to pick up a few packs before I leave town, as this is one of my all time favorite mini snack. One serving of these yummy noodles contain just 120 calories, and only 1 net carb!
- Kale Chips – If your idea of a snack is a bag of potato chips, I recommend swapping them with kale chips! Eating kale chips can help with weight loss when they are substituted for other high-calorie snacks, you’ll save yourself about 150 calories.
- Seaweed Sheets – Seaweed (Nori) is the perfect light snack for travelers. Nori has been shown to have a multitude of health benefits including lowering cholesterol and the risk for certain types of cancer. Seaweed is also high in iron and iodine.
- Paleo Wraps by WrawP – Made from zucchini and coconut flour, these wraps are gluten-free and paleo. I like to fill them with mashed avocado, hummus, scramble eggs with veggies or wild smoked salmon and cucumber and pack them in my bag for a filling travel snack.
- Boiled Egg – No matter where I am flying to, you can be sure that I have a boiled egg in my bag. They are the perfect, filling light snack for trips long and far.
- Apple – Apples are high in fiber which makes them a great, healthy travel snack. An apple a day keeps the doctor away 🙂
- Sliced Bell Peppers – I love snacking on bell peppers, they are wonderful combination of crunchy and tangy taste and are high in vitamins A, B6, C, and E.
- Raw Rev Vegan Bars – I love these bars so much. They are vegan, raw, and no artificial ingredient. They are also very low in net carbs, sugar and high in fiber.
*this post includes affiliate links, I will make a small profit off of your purchase. I only promote products that I use myself and truly believe in.