Matcha has become quite popular in recent years both on its own and as an ingredient in healthy dishes — and for a good reason. Matcha delivers all of the benefits of green tea but with more potency. Matcha is packed with antioxidants and vitamin C. It detoxifies the body, enhances mood, and lowers cholesterol. I promise you, these gluten-free fluffy pancakes will have you coming back for more.
Makes 12 pancakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tsp coconut oil, plus more for frying
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- coconut flakes
- STEP 1. Combine all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- STEP 2. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over low to medium heat.
- STEP 3. With a ladle, pour out just enough of the batter to make a small round pancake. The skillet I use allows to fit 3 pancakes at the same time. Cook for 2 minutes, until you see small bubbles appear and the bottom is golden. Flip and cook for about 30 seconds.
- STEP 4. Continue cooking until all the batter has been used, adding more coconut oil to skillet as needed.
- STEP 5. Serve with maple syrup, strawberries, and hemp seeds.