During a recent trip to Morocco I got to taste some of the most incredible dishes. The chefs there use a lot of spices… Cumin and harissa were big staples in the Moroccan cuisine and I decided to create this recipe so I can bring a taste of Morocco back with me to the States. These carrots make an excellent side dish for Thanksgiving and taste impeccable when paired with oven roasted turkey!
Moroccan Cumin Carrots
- 2 bunches of carrots ( about 10-12)
For The Marinade:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp organic goat cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- STEP 2. Wash, peel and trim the carrots. Dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- STEP 3. In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients to prepare the marinade for the carrots.
- STEP 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the carrots on top. Pour part of the marinade over the carrots, making sure to leave a tiny bit to glaze at the end. Massage the marinade over the carrots using your hands and roast for 20 minutes, until tender.
- STEP 5. Serve carrots topped with goat cheese and chopped parsley.