This is a delicious mushroom pasta with a creamy truffle sauce. I used Banza, as it one of my new favorite high in fiber brands for pasta! Ditch the empty carbs in wheat noodles, and treat yourself to double the protein, four times the fiber, and nearly half the net carbs with Banza’s chickpea pasta.
Mushroom Pasta with Creamy Truffle Sauce
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 10 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 cups organic heavy cream (coconut milk can be used)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 1 packet of banza pasta (cook per box directions)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- lemon zest
- parmesan cheese
- STEP 1. Heat olive oil in a large deep pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic, thyme leaves, chili flakes and cook for another minute, stirring occasionally. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté for a minute or two until golden.
- STEP 2. Cook the pasta as per box direction, and drain well.
- STEP 3. Stir the gluten-free flour into the pan with mushrooms and pour in the cream. Add the cottage cheese, truffle oil and drained pasta. Stir all together and add the chopped parsley. Taste and season with sea salt and pepper to your liking.
- STEP 4. Serve with parmesan cheese and lemon zest.