I love being home and spoiled by my lovely mom. If you have been following me on Instagram then you must know that my favorite breakfast is poached eggs! They are so simple to prepare, and don’t come with the extra calories that fried or scrambled eggs have. The coconut oil in this recipe can easily be substituted with grass-fed butter or olive oil.
Bulgarian Poached Eggs with Greek Yogurt and Feta
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- STEP 1. Stir the yogurt, garlic, and cheese in a small mixing bowl. Spread the mixture over a plate to coat the center.
- STEP 2. Add the vinegar and 1 tsp salt to a pot of simmering water.
- STEP 3. Crack the eggs in the water and simmer until eggs are softly cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove the eggs using a slotted spoon and place on top of the yogurt spread.
- STEP 4. Mix the melted coconut oil and cayenne pepper in a small cup and pour over eggs.
- STEP 5. Serve with toast or simply enjoy just like that. Bon Appétit!