I love the combination of raspberries and chocolate… it is so yummy! This cake is free of gluten and dairy, and it is paleo friendly. It’s super easy to make, and I am sure it will easily become your favorite chocolate cake.
Raspberry Chocolate Cake
For The Dry Mixture:
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For The Wet Mixture:
- 1 cup raspberries, plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or milk (I prefer the cream, it’s thicker)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs, whisked
For The Chocolate Ganache:
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 5 tbsp coconut cream
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- STEP 2. Grease an 8 inch cake pan with coconut oil, and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom. I cut the paper to fit exactly in the pan.
- STEP 3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and stir well with a spatula.
- STEP 4. In a food processor, combine all of wet ingredients except the eggs. Blend well.
- STEP 5. Add the wet mixture to the dry and gently mix the batter.
- STEP 6. Whisk the eggs with a mixer (if you don’t have one, by hand is ok too). Add the whisked eggs to the cake batter and gently mix to combine.
- STEP 7. Spread the batter evenly into the cake pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- STEP 8. Take the cake out and allow to cool. In the meantime make the chocolate ganache. Combine the melted chocolate with coconut milk and cool for a 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 9. Top the cake with the ganache and extra raspberries. Serve with coconut ice cream!