This salad is the bomb! Seriously, I mean it. The mixture of creamy ricotta with the tanginess of the fresh pesto is so delicious. This light, herby salad radiates with flavor and color.
Ricotta with Cherry Tomatoes Salad
For The Salad:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup snap peas, cut in half
- 2 cups baby arugula
For The Dressing:
- 2 tbsp toasted pinenuts
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup basil
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of chili flakes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Whip the ricotta cheese with olive oil and sea salt in the food processor. It will make it nice and creamy. Transfer the cheese to a serving platter and don’t bother washing the food processor, will use it for the dressing.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl, toss together the arugula, peas, and tomatoes.
- STEP 3. In the food processor, combine the ingredients for the dressing and blend well.
- STEP 4. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and mix throughly.
- STEP 5. Add the salad on top of the ricotta cheese and serve.