This vegan soup is so delicious and essential for your health. Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and manganese, which is good for your liver, kidneys, and pancreas. Garlic, ginger and onions all have an anti-blood-clotting ability, and when they are eaten together, they are a powerful mainstay against heart attacks and strokes!
Roasted Beet Soup
- 3 red beets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups water
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- nutritional yeast
- micro greens
- Greek yogurt (for non-vegans)
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- STEP 2. Wrap beets in foil and roast until tender, about 1 hour. Once done, set the beets aside to cool, peel from outer layer and cut in half.
- STEP 3. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium to high heat. Add onion, leek, carrot, garlic and celery. Cook for a few minutes until they become slightly tender.
- STEP 4. Add the beets, ginger, bay leaf, turmeric, and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to lower. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- STEP 5. Remove bay leaf and add in the parsley. Let the soup cool for 10 minutes.
- STEP 6. Puree soup using a blender and serve while hot.