I absolutely love crepes, they bring back a lot of childhood memories. My mom always made crepes for my friends and I in the morning after a sleepover. We used to compete how many we can each eat before being in a food coma, lol! These savory crepes also remind me of a healthier version of a very tasty croque-madame… yum. The batter in these crepes is made with organic flour, but for those of you who are gluten free, a gluten free flour can be used as well.
Savory Ham and Cheese Crepes
Makes 12 Crepes
For The Batter:
- 1 1/2 cups organic flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 eggs, whisked
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of coconut sugar
- diced tomatos
- diced organic ham
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- crumbled feta cheese
- 1 fried egg (optional)
- STEP 1. Combined all of the ingredients for the batter and beat with a fork until smooth.
- STEP 2. Heat a large skillet over high heat and spray with coconut oil.
- STEP 3. Using a ladle, pour one full ladle into the skillet and twist it around so it spreads evenly.
- STEP 4. Cook for 20-30 seconds and flip over. Cook the other side for another 20 seconds and sprinkle half the side of the crepe with cheese, ham and tomato. Transfer to a plate and flip one side to the other and again, forming a triangle.
- STEP 5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the rest of the crepes.
- STEP 6. If you like eggs, and want a more filling breakfast, serve with a fried egg on top and enjoy!