Mother’s Day is such a special holiday to show our moms how much we love them and how much they mean to us. Whether you are spending the day with your mom or are far away, you can still do something to show how grateful you are to have her in your life. Since I can’t be with my mom, I have sent her a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a framed photo of us (the one above). I have a delicious recipe for those of you who are lucky enough to spend the day together. My mom and I actually created this recipe and it means so much to me, hope it will to you as well.
I love the combination of raspberries and chocolate… it is so yummy! This cake is free of gluten and dairy, and it is paleo friendly. It’s super easy to make, it will easily become your favorite chocolate cake.
Raspberry Chocolate Cake
For The Dry Mixture:
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
For The Wet Mixture:
- 1 cup raspberries, plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or milk (I prefer the cream, it’s thicker)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs, whisked
For The Chocolate Ganache:
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 5 tbsp coconut cream (or full fat milk)
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- STEP 2. Grease an 8 inch cake pan with coconut oil, and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom. I cut the paper to fit exactly in the pan.
- STEP 3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and stir well with a spatula.
- STEP 4. In a food processor, combine all of wet ingredients except the eggs. Blend well.
- STEP 5. Add the wet mixture to the dry and gently mix the batter.
- STEP 6. Whisk the eggs with a mixer (if you don’t have one, by hand is ok too). Add the whisked eggs to the cake batter and gently mix to combine.
- STEP 7. Spread the batter evenly into the cake pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- STEP 8. Take the cake out and allow to cool. In the meantime make the chocolate ganache. Combine the melted chocolate with coconut milk and cool for a 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 9. Top the cake with the ganache and extra raspberries. Enjoy with coconut ice cream!