Healthy, light and delicious is the perfect way to describe this dish. It is full of belly filling fiber, loaded with protein, and tons of vitamins from all the veggies.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp ghee (for ovo-vegetarians, use another spoon of olive oil)
- 1 leak, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 370 F.
- STEP 2. Heat olive oil and ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, onion, jalapeño and and the green bell pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Step 3. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a minute. Add the peppers, spinach, salt, pepper and sauté for another minutes until spinach is wilted.
- STEP 4. Beat the eggs lightly with a fork and add the cheese. Add this mixture to the skillet and stir so it is all spread out evenly.
- STEP 5. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. If you prefer the eggs softer then bake for 8 minutes, if you like them well done then bake for 10 minutes.
- STEP 6. Let the frittata rest for 5-10 minutes and serve.