I love this dish so much! This can be served as a side to any meal, and is just as delicious for breakfast or brunch. These patties are full of vitamin C and fiber, which will keep you fuller for longer. Due to the high fiber, zucchinis are linked to weight loss.
Zucchini Patties With Zesty Yogurt
Serves 4, makes 6 patties
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped and sautéed (6 oz.)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Grate the zucchini and sprinkle with sea salt. The salt will help to draw out water from the zucchini. Squeeze out excess water very well using your hands.
- STEP 2. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except for olive oil) with the zucchini and mix well.
- STEP 3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add large spoonfuls of the mixture to form a patty. Cook each patty for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden.
- STEP 4. To make the zesty yogurt, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- STEP 5. Serve patties with yogurt and grated lime zest.