This delicious and luxurious dessert comes together very quickly and can be made in advance. For a flavor boost, add a splash of rum to the ingredients. I love eating seasonally and acorn squash is the ultimate fall and winter dish. It is nutrient dense, rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Acorn squash provides a great amount of fiber and a high fiber diet can help prevent diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. It also helps to flush out the system and get rid of toxins.
Autumn Delight Acorn Squash
- acorn squash, or you can use the bottom half of a butternut squash
- 1 small pear, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 quince, grated
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rum (optional)
- 1 tbsp raisins
- cinnamon to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat oven 400 F.
- STEP 2. Cut the top part off of the squash and scrape the seeds out using a spoon.
- STEP 3. In a bowl, mix the grated fruits with the rest of the ingredients.
- STEP 4. Scoop the filling into the squash, and place in baking pan covered with some water. Bake for 50 minutes, until tender.
- STEP 5. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon.