This week for Meatless Monday I am sharing my absolutely favorite meatless recipe. This zoodles with lentils bolognese is so flavorful and fulfilling that it will please meat eaters and veggie lovers alike. It is a great meal to serve if you are giving up meat one day a week for Meatless Monday or for an entire week for my 1-Week Vegan Detox.
Zoodles With Lentil Bolognese
- 2 tbsp extra – virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can organic lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar organic tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 zucchinis, spiralized
- grated Parmesan cheese
- STEP 1. Heat a table spoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- STEP 2. Add the garlic, onions, and carrots to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- STEP 3. Add the mushroom and cook until soft, about a minute or two.
- STEP 4. Add the lentils and tomato sauce to the pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- STEP 5. Turn off heat and add the basil and parsley to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 6. In a separate skillet, heat a table spoon of olive oil and lightly sauté the zoodles, until soft.
- STEP 7. Plate zoodles and top with lentil bolognese.