I love a good bagel and there is not one person I know that doesn’t enjoy one as well! A typical bagel from a NYC bagel can easily come out to … calories and … carbs. The amount of carbs is equivalent to 6 slices of bread! Nobody wants to sit down for breakfast and woof down 6 slices of bread at once, right? Well you certainly don’t have to if you make my delicious low carb, gluten-free, paleo bagels. These bagels are a great source of protein (eggs and almond flour) and high in fiber (flaxseeds and coconut flour) which means they will keep you full for a long time. The honey in the recipe is absolutely optional and if you are watching your carbs then you can go for Sukrin Fiber Syrup which will add more fiber and it is extremely low in net carbs. Enjoy these bagels with Kite Hill vegan cream cheese (jalapeño flavor is insane) and sliced tomato! Xx
Low Carb Paleo Bagels
Makes 6 bagels
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp honey (honey)
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seeds
- extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Kite Hill vegan cream cheese
- wild smoked salmon
- sliced tomato
- fresh dill
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 150 C.
- STEP 2. In a food processor, add all of the ingredients in order, without the Trader Joe’s seeds & cooking spray. Pulse until well combined.
- STEP 3. Place batter into a plastic ziplock bag and cut a hole in one of the corner.
- STEP 4. Lightly grease donut molds with cooking spray. Squeeze out the bagel batter into each mold evenly.
- STEP 5. Sprinkle bagels with everything but the bagel seeds and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- STEP 6. Cut the bagels in half and top with your favorite toppings.
Nedi’s Tip: You can refrigerate the bagels for five days or store in freezer and reheat in toaster or oven.
Products/Tools Used For Recipe