I love a good bagel and there is not one person I know that doesn’t enjoy one as well! A typical bagel from a NYC bagel is equivalent to 6 slices of bread! Nobody wants to sit down for breakfast and woof down 6 slices of bread at once, right? Well you certainly don’t have to if you make my delicious low carb, gluten-free, paleo bagels. These bagels are a great source of protein (eggs and almond flour) and high in fiber (flaxseeds and coconut flour) which means they will keep you full for a long time. Enjoy these bagels with Kite Hill vegan cream cheese (jalapeño flavor is insane) and sliced tomato!
Nutritional Info per Bagel:
175 Calories, 7g carbs, 4g fiber, 3g net carbs, 11g protein
Low Carb Paleo Bagels
Makes 6 bagels
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 whole egg
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seeds
- extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Kite Hill vegan cream cheese
- wild smoked salmon
- sliced tomato
- fresh dill
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseeds, baking soda and sea salt.
- STEP 3. In a separate mixing bowl add the apple cider vinegar, water and eggs. Whisk well with a fork. Add the egg mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- STEP 4. Place batter into a plastic ziplock bag and cut a hole in one of the corner.
- STEP 5. Lightly grease donut molds with cooking spray. Squeeze out the bagel batter into each mold evenly.
- STEP 6. Sprinkle bagels with everything but the bagel seeds and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- STEP 7. Cut the bagels in half and top with your favorite toppings.
Nedi’s Tip: You can refrigerate the bagels for five days or store in freezer and reheat in toaster or oven.
Products/Tools Used For Recipe