This is an easy and filling breakfast. Unlike most high-carb sugary fruits, avocados are loaded with healthy fats. They don’t just contain any fat, the majority of the fats in avocados are monounsaturated fatty acid. These specific fats support heart health and reduce inflammation. Another great reason to eat avocados is due to their high fiber content. Although avocados contain 9g of carbs, 7 of those are fiber so there are only 2 net carbs, making it a very low-carb food. The combination of the healthy fats in avocados and the protein in eggs will keep you full and energized through out the day. This dish can be served with cherry tomatoes.
Avocado Baked Eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 2 large eggs
- squeeze of lemon
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili flakes to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400F/ 200C.
- STEP 2. Cut a ripe avocado in half and remove the pit.
- STEP 3. Scoop out some of the insides of each half to make room for the egg.
- STEP 4. Crack an egg in each hole. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili flakes and a squeeze of lemon.
- STEP 5. In a small baking dish, place the avocado to the side so it doesn’t tilt and spill out. I used cupcake tray and lined each avocado with foil. That way it stabilized it from tilting.
- STEP 6. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Broil for a minute if you like your eggs well done.
- STEP 7. Serve with tomatoes or enjoy just as it is.