This homemade apple cinnamon bread is the ultimate comforting dessert for the holidays. I chose to make this recipe with monk fruit sweetener to keep the glycemic index low and lower the calories and carbs. If you don’t have monk fruit at home, honey or coconut sugar can be used as well. Serve this apple bread with a cup of your favorite tea and enjoy freshly baked out of the oven. It can be stored on the counter for two days or in the fridge for five days. The bread can also be frozen and stored in the freezer for three months. Make sure to let it cool completely, place in a zip lock bag and in the freezer.
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup swoon liquid monkfruit or honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large organic apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup lakanto monk fruit sweetener
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 4 tbsp lakanto sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For The Glaze:
- ½ cup swerve powder sweetener
- 1 tbsp organic almond milk
- 1 tbsp swoon monk fruit or honey
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 160 C. Lightly spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with coconut cooking spray and set aside.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl, add the liquid monk fruit, coconut oil, almond milk, coconut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk with a fork.
- STEP 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the chopped apple, cranberries, cinnamon, monk fruit, almond flour, baking powder and walnut.
- STEP 4. Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and spread the crumb toppings on top.
- STEP 5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the loaf.
- STEP 6. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the loaf and let it set. Remove the loaf from the pan and slice.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: