A tasty, low-carb spin on baked eggs. This is the perfect meal for breakfast, brunch or dinner. I love when a dish can be served both as breakfast or dinner. The combination of the fiber in the veggies and the protein in eggs will keep you full and energized through out the day. It is a family favorite from my mom and she is famous for these baked eggs!
Baked Eggs with Feta & Veggies
- 4 slices of feta cheese
- 5 free-range, organic eggs
- 1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 hot green pepper, chopped
- 5-6 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- STEP 2. In a glass bow, mix the peppers, onion, garlic, oregano and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- STEP 3. Lightly grease a baking dish (I used a glass pyrex pan 8×8) and place the sliced feta in it. Top the feta with cherry tomatoes and add the veggie mixture from the glass bowl.
- STEP 4. Bake on 400 F for 10 minutes.
- STEP 5. Take the baking dish out and crack the eggs on top. Place it back in the oven and bake for 10 more minutes. Garnish with cayenne pepper or chili flakes!