These banana muffins are insanely delicious and the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. I make a large batch and store it in a glass container, making it handy for recipes like this.
Banana Muffins with Maple-Tahini Glaze
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or monk fruit
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- pinch of sea salt
For The Glaze:
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp Sukrin fiber syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin/cupcake tin with coconut spray and set aside.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl mash the banana, and add in the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- STEP 3. In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt with the baking powder. Let it sit for a minute until it rises and add to the banana mixture. Stir well.
- STEP 4. Add the almond flour, cinnamon and sea salt. Mix until well combined.
- STEP 5. Pour the batter into the greased tins and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside to cool and make the glaze.
- STEP 6. In a mixing bowl, combine the tahini, Sukrin fiber syrup, and a tablespoon of water. Whisk until smooth. Spread the glaze over the muffins once they are cooled off. Let stand until glaze is set and enjoy!