Who doesn’t love a good #TacoTuesday night!? I know my friends and I do… It’s an ideal meal to whip up on a busy week night. This recipe can be made in so many different ways. If you prefer not to use the gluten free tortilla, go for lettuce cups. I love making the tacos with lettuce as well if I am looking to cut back on carbs. As for the toppings… go for shredded lettuce, black beans, quinoa, shredded cheese, tomato salsa and guacamole. It is all a matter of a personal preference!
For The Beef:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound grass-fed ground beef sirloin
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 1 tsp hot sauce
For The Pepper Mix:
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 soft corn tortilla (gluten free)
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- shredded cheese of your choice
- cooked black beans
- tomato salsa
- guacamole (optional)
- non-fat Greek yogurt (optional)
- STEP 1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- STEP 2. Add onion and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 3. Add the beef and cook on low, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink and chunky, about 5 minutes.
- STEP 4. Add the cumin, chili and hot sauce. Simmer on low for another 5 minutes.
- STEP 5. In a separate skillet, sauté olive oil, peppers and onion until tender.
- STEP 6. Serve tacos by scooping out some of the pepper and beef mix into the tortilla. Add your preferred topics and enjoy!