Cauliflower crust pizza is a great alternative to regular pizza crust. It is higher in fiber, lower in calories and carbs. One large slice of cheese pizza can be around 250 calories and 35 grams of carbs. One slice of cauliflower crust pizza is 120 calories and only 6g carbs! As you see, this is a huge difference. The crust tastes so delicious, you will never want to eat regular pizza ever again. If you like, you can buy a large cauliflower, and make 2 or 3 pizza crusts out of it. Freeze them and have them on a day when you don’t feel like cooking much. This breakfast pizza is very unique. I had tried something similar when I was in middle school… it was pizza topped with mashed potatoes, cheese and bacon. So, naturally I decided to make it Nedi Approved by swapping a few of the ingredients. Hope you enjoy! xx
Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pizza
For The Crust:
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For The Toppings:
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 slices bacon, sliced in half
- green onions, chopped
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 2. Place a large non stick skillet over medium heat and add the grated cauliflower. Stir with a spatula for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- STEP 3. In a large mixing bowl add the cauliflower, Parmesan cheese, egg, and the spices. Mix well with your hands.
- STEP 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the cauliflower mixture over it. Spread it out in a circle to form the pizza crust. Flatten out any uneven areas and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately transfer the crust to a metal cooling rack. This will keep it crunchy and will prevent it from getting soggy. Let cool completely until you apply the toppings.
- STEP 5. Prepare the cauliflower mash by bringing water to a boil, add the cauliflower and simmer for 10 minutes, until it softens. Drain the water and transfer to blender. Add ghee, yogurt, and garlic salt. Blend until well combined.
- STEP 6. Preheat oven to 450 F or 230 C.
- STEP 7. Spread cauliflower mash over the cooled pizza crust and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- STEP 8. Heat a skillet over high heat and add the bacon. Cook until it becomes crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to absorb any extra oil and then chop into tiny pieces.
- STEP 9. Take pizza out of oven and top with bacon bites and chopped green onions.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: