I love a good chicken parm but avoid ordering it at restaurants as it is usually breaded too thick and deep fried. I created this healthier version for the F-Factor x Healthy with Nedi Step 1 Recipe E-book. In the original recipe for the F-Factor e-book, I used GG crackers to add extra fiber. Last night I made the chicken parm with 1 cup of almond meal instead of GG crackers. Both ways taste good but I personally prefer the almond meal. My friend said this chicken parm tastes better than Carbone which was a major compliment! There are so many different chicken parmesan recipes, but this is definitely one that won’t sabotage your waist line! Serve it with zucchini noodles instead of pasta and you have the perfect, comforting meal.
Chicken Parmesan Over Zoodles
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1/2 pack Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella (real cheese can be used too)
- cooking spray
- 4 zucchini, spiralized
- chopped fresh parsley
- chili flakes
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- STEP 2. Butterfly the chicken and season with salt and pepper on each side.
- STEP 3. Whisk one egg into a medium size bowl and set aside.
- STEP 4. In a larger bowl, combine the almond meal, oregano, paprika, and parsley.
- STEP 5. Dip each chicken breast into the egg wash and then dip each side into the almond meal mix.
- STEP 6. Heat ghee in a large skillet and add the chicken. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- STEP 6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place chicken on top.
- STEP 7. Heat marina sauce and add basil. Cook on stove for 5 minutes on low heat. Top each chicken breast with a tablespoon of marinara sauce. Spread out the cheese evenly and place in the oven for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- STEP 8. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and sauté zucchini noodles. Plate the zucchini noodles and top with leftover marinara sauce and chicken breast. Sprinkle with parsley and chili flakes.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: