Chicken soup is one of the most comforting meals on earth. I love getting cozy with a large bowl of chicken soup and I always add freshly squeezed lemon juice on top! So yummy! This soup is packed with vitamins and nutrients and it is very healing for the gut.
Chicken Soup with Veggies
- 10 – 12 cups water
- 2 organic, skinless chicken breast
- 2 carrots, sliced in circles
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 stick lemon grass, cut into half
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 inch turmeric root, grated
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- STEP 1. Add water to a large pot over medium heat.
- STEP 2. Cut chicken into small pieces and place it in the pot of water. Bring to a boil. As the water starts to boil, a white foam will begin to form. Using a spoon, scoop it out and discard it. This will ensure the broth is nice and clear!
- STEP 3. Lower the heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes.
- STEP 4. Add all of the veggies and season with salt and pepper. Simmer and cook for 45 minutes uncovered.
- STEP 5. Serve the soup while hot, top with chopped parsley and squeeze lemon on top. Enjoy!
Tools/Products Used For Recipe