Banana muffins with chocolate chips used to be my favorite growing up. I decided to revisit my childhood memories and create a Healthy with Nedi version. I used Aloha’s vanilla protein as a base instead of flour and added a tiny bit of oats. This is an excellent protein powder that isn’t full of fillers and additives and it is completely safe for the kids. These muffins are a great source of protein and fiber. They will fill you up and I am sure the kids will love this yummy and healthy treat.
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 scoops Aloha vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Handful chocolate chips
- 8 walnuts, chopped on top
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- STEP 2. Lightly grease muffin molds with coconut oil.
- STEP 3. In a food processor add the bananas, eggs, oats, vanilla protein, peanut butter, baking powder and maple syrup. Pulse for a few seconds until blended. Add the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
- STEP 4. Pour out the mixture evenly into the muffin molds. Top with crushed walnuts.
- STEP 5. Bake on 350F for 20 minutes, until golden. Insert a toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean then they are ready.