Beets are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. They are so versatile and easy to add to soups and salads. Due to the high concentration of nitrates in beets, studies have shown that eating beets may lower blood pressure. Beets are also loaded with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Enjoy this nutritious and refreshing salad with creamy goat cheese.
Colorful Beet Salad
- 2 golden beets
- 2 red beets
- 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup mix baby arugula and spinach
- 2 tbsp roasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
For The Dressing:
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- STEP 1. Place beets in a sauce pan and add enough water to cover the beets. Add the vinegar or lemon juice. This may help to keep the beets from bleeding. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for an hour, or until tender. Insert fork to see if they are tender enough, if not cook a little longer.
- STEP 2. Once the beets are cooled, peel them and chop into small squares.
- STEP 3. Line a serving plate with arugula and spinach. Top with chop beets, roasted walnuts and goat cheese.
- STEP 4. Prepare the dressing by mixing the balsamic and olive oil in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and enjoy.