Ever since I came across Cappello’s gluten-free pasta, my life has become easier. Their fettuccine are paleo friendly, high in fiber and protein, and have a lower net carb content. Unlike other pastas, Cappello’s fettuccine cooks in 90 seconds, making it very convenient to whip up on a busy week night. This creamy lemon chicken pasta can easily be done in no more than 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Cappello’s fettuccine
- STEP 1. Cut the chicken breast in half, butterfly way so that it is thinner and easier to cook. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on each side of the chicken breast and set aside.
- STEP 2. Preheat oven to a high broil.
- STEP 3. Trim the asparagus and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle olive oil over it and season with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 7 minutes and take out when done. Set aside.
- STEP 4. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the skillet, cook for about 3 minutes per side, and set aside. The chicken will not be cooked through but thats ok as it will continue cooking in the broth.
- STEP 5. In the same skillet, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, until brown. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a minute. Add a splash of coconut milk if the coconut oil has evaporated.
- STEP 6. Cut the asparagus and add it to the skillet. Add the chicken, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, and coconut milk. Lower the head and simmer for 10 minutes.
- STEP 7. In a separate pot, boil water for the pasta. Cook as per package directions. Drain pasta and add to the chicken sauce. Grate 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese over and mix gently.
- STEP 8. Serve immediately.