I am a huge pasta lover and was so happy to discover this incredible healthy alternative – edamame fettuccine. It is extremely high in fiber (15 grams) and protein (21 grams), low in net carbs (3 grams) and tastes delicious. Pair it with my dairy free pesto or use a good quality store bought pesto to cut down on the cooking time. You can eat it on its own or with this decadent salmon.
Fettuccine with Pesto and Salmon
- 1 pack edamame fettuccine
- 2 (3 oz.) pieces of wild salmon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
For The Vegan Arugula Pesto:
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Sea salt to taste
- STEP 1. Cook fettuccine as per box instructions and set aside, leaving a tiny bit of water to the side.
- STEP 2. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 3. Marinade the salmon with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the salmon on top. Cook for 8-10 minutes, depending how well done you like it. Once you take the salmon out of the oven, squeeze fresh lemon over it.
- STEP 4. Prepare the arugula pesto by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor and blending.
- STEP 5. Heat the fettuccine and add in the pesto. If it seems a little dry, add a splash of water. Serve fettuccine with salmon and top with chili flakes!
Tools/Products Used In Recipe: