Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, there are tons of ways to get creative in the kitchen. I love recreating healthier version of not-so-healthy recipes. In this recipe, you can use a good quality whole-grain bread or a gluten-free bread if you like. Have fun with the toppings by adding your favorite fruits and drizzling with honey or maple syrup!
Healthy French Toast
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp nut milk
- 2 gluten-free pieces of bread
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey/maple syrup
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 2 strawberries, cut in half
- tsp almond butter (optional)
- STEP 1. Whisk the egg in a large shallow bowl and add the nut milk. Dip the bread in the egg mixture and flip to cover all sides. Repeat with the second slice.
- STEP 2. Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the toast in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- STEP 3. Serve with honey/maple syrup, sliced fruit and almond butter.