This is the most ideal side dish you can bring to your Thanksgiving dinner party! My girl Lauryn of The Skinny Confidential shared it with me and I absolutely loved it. It is super easy to make, extremely flavorful and full of good for you nutrients. Brussels sprouts fight inflammation, lower cholesterol, detoxify the body and are high in fiber, which helps to prevent constipation. This beautiful recipe will impress your guests and I bet it will be the first side dish to fly off the table! Happy Thanksgiving from Lauryn and I! xx
Lauryn Evarts’s Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1/2 honey crisp apple, diced
- 1/2 pear, diced
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- STEP 1. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté the brussels sprouts for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- STEP 2. Add apple, pear and cook until soft for about 5 minutes.
- STEP 3. Add pomegranate molasses and cinnamon, and cook for a minute or two. Turn off heat and serve brussels with pomegranate seeds and sliced almonds.