An absolutely delicate and refreshing appetizer you can serve at your next dinner party this summer. It is light, and yet incredibly delicious.
Lettuce Wraps with Ahi Tuna
- 1 pound sashimi-grade tuna, cut into cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated (freeze the ginger for 30 minutes prior, much easier to grate)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- bibb lettuce leaves (from 1 head)
- 1 lime, sliced for serving
- STEP 1. In a bowl, mix the ginger, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro, tamari, and sesame oil. Add the tuna and toss gently. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- STEP 2. Cut the avocado and mix with the tuna right before serving. This will prevent the avocado from browning.
- STEP 3. Separate the lettuce leaves and arrange on a serving platter. Spread out the tuna mixture and squeeze with lime over the top.