This is one of my go-to salads when I am hosting a dinner party. It is super easy to make and you can prepare it a day ahead and keep it refrigerated until the party. Everyone loves the Mediterranean quinoa salad and always wants seconds. The traditional Greek ingredients bring comforting memories to me as we make this all the time when I am in Greece. The quinoa and chickpeas are a great source of protein and fiber, making this salad a balanced meal to enjoy.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
For The Dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- feta or goat cheese make a nice addition to this salad
- STEP 1. Add 1 cup of quinoa to a sauce pan and add 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Simmer covered for 20 minutes, until the quinoa absorbs all of the water.
- STEP 2. Meanwhile, combined the cherry tomatoes, scallions, chickpeas, olives and parsley in a large serving bowl.
- STEP 3. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- STEP 4. Add the cooked quinoa and dressing to the large serving bowl and mix throughly. Serve straight away or refrigerate.
Nedi’s Tip: Salad holds well for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Tools for this recipe