One of my favorite comforting soups. The soup becomes creamy and luscious when pureed with the mix of veggies and beans. It’s such a breezy easy way to make and it refrigerates well up to 5 days.
Mexican Black Bean Soup
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 baby bella mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 carrots, cut in large pieces
- 1 chili, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 3 cups water
- 1 vegetable knorr (optional)
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- sea salt and pepper
- STEP 1. Heat olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion, garlic, and mushrooms until translucent.
- STEP 2. Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, turmeric, curry, chili. Add the water and knorr. Simmer covered for 15 minutes over low heat, until veggies become tender.
- STEP 3. Add the cooked beans, cilantro, juice of 1/2 lime, salt and pepper to the soup.
- STEP 4. In small batches, transfer the vegetables to a high-powered blender. Add broth as you go, depending on how thick or thin you want the soup to be. For thicker, add less broth, and for thinner add more broth. Blend until smooth.
- STEP 5. Add more lime juice or cilantro if you want a bolder flavor.