Just because it’s the holiday season, it does not give you the excuse to skip out on your workouts! It just gives you the excuse to make them even more fun and motivating! We all make New Years resolutions, whether they’re health focused or not, we tend to slowly but surely forget them shortly into the New Year.
I love the holidays! Spending time with family & friends, indulging in my favorite home cooked meals & sweet treats, and the constant travel ~ jet-setting from one place to the next. It is almost impossible to truly stay “Healthy With Nedi Approved” during the holiday season but the one constant in my life is staying fit. The great thing about exercising is not just the health benefits or the way it makes you feel, but that it can be done anywhere! When I am away, I usually stream one of Melissa Wood’s workouts straight from the hotel room. Her workouts don’t require any equipment and you can use your body weight. My grandma even does some of her movements with me when I am in Greece, so if my grandma can do it, you really don’t have an excuse lol ;). Exercise is completely individual – it is about finding the right exercises you enjoy and feeling good!
I love going to workout classes! They allow you to try new activities that break a sweat without that “I am lost and don’t know where to start” feeling I know many of us experience when stepping foot into the gym. I wanted to share a few of my favorite classes that I love to go to all year round, especially during the holiday season. Grab a friend, a cute workout set and download Class Pass! Who knows, you may even come out of the holidays with a healthier mindset and an even better figure…
My 3 Favorite Pilates Classes/Studios:
- BODYROK– A 40-minute full body toning reformer pilates class that is on a whole new level! Group classes are designed to move your body in series that will strengthen your core, butt, legs, and arms. If you like switching up your workout routine, BODYROK is for you. Locations in California, Montana, NYC, and coming soon to Chicago.
- BK Pilates– Focusing on defining, toning, and flexibility, BK Pilates will have you feeling stronger and more aligned in no time! From beginner to advanced classes, no matter how fit you are, you can modify your workout and reformer to find the best individual workout while still being in a fun group setting! With three different locations in NYC and one more coming soon, BK Pilates will help you set and reach your personal fitness goals through the holiday season.
- Flex Studios– The “boutique” pilates studio has a location in Union Square and Noho. Focusing on safe form, toning, and defining based pilates classes, Flex will push you to challenge yourself and grow- both mentally and physically. They even offer a heated class “FlexIR” which will help you detox and retox! Perfect for the holiday season. Get ready to find your best body and favorite Flex class, just grab your grippy socks and you’re half way there!
My 3 Favorite Cardio Classes:
- Rumble– Boxing is not only super cool, but its also very challenging and you will definitely leave with the “what was that?” and “when can I do that again?” feeling. Focusing solely on boxing, Rumble has become the new trend that incorporates 10 rounds of 3 minute exercises. Using your full-body, you with straighten, tone, and burn throughout the whole entire class. Located in NYC, LA, and San Fransisco.
- Barry’s Boot Camp– You can find Barry’s Boot Camp in most major cities like NYC, Chicago, LA, Boston, Miami, internationally, and more! Incorporating both the treadmill and floor workouts, it is kinda like the best of both worlds- burning calories while still maintaining and shaping your muscles! Best part is, it is up to you if you want to do double floor, double treadmill, or both to maximize your 60-minute class!
- Switch PlayGround– With locations in both Soho and Noho, Switch Playground is the “buzziest” exercise class in NYC right now! Incorporating unique and fresh techniques. There is one instructor and a team of experienced trainers in every class. Full of energy and music, you’re switching between stations and circuits while always having an instructor help you with form. It is kind of like the night club of exercise classes!
My 3 Favorite LA Classes/Studios:
- PlateFit– What is a power plate? Yeah, I asked the same question too when I took my first class. A power plate is constantly moving in three directions at one time helping you to strengthen and tone, increase flexibility, and recover by increasing blood flow! Utilizing this medical grade machine, PlateFit offers many different classes like barreFit, HIIT, AbFit, and WarriorFit so you’re bound to find one that works best for you! Three locations in LA- Brentwood, Studio City, and West Hollywood. Perk: They even have validated parking!
- Largree Pilates– “If It’s Not Shaking, It’s Not Working” ~ Sebastien Lagree, Founder of Lagree Fitness. Being the only patented workout in LA, this high intense workout will leave you feeling transformed… literally. Utilizing 3 different machines, don’t be intimidated by the supraformer when you step foot into this 25 minute class. Instructors will help you sculpt and trim your entire body with multiple locations in California and Internationally.
- Carries Pilates Plus– Think Cardio, weight training, and pilates in one. If you’re someone who thought you did not enjoy pilates, well try again! Carries Pilates Plus will help you reshape your body into your best figure yet- lean, toned, and long! The 45 minute classes will accommodate all fitness levels and goals and they even offer specialized classes. I make sure to take a class at Carries whenever I am in LA!