Spring is here, which means two things—it’s time to look and feel your very best (although we choose to aim for this every day of the year), and it’s time to raise a glass to the warming weather with a clean, delicious cocktail (or a few…).
You’ve likely already had the infamous Nedi Martini, so here are three more recipes to add to your repertoire. They’re delicious, made with detoxing ingredients, low in carbohydrates, calories, and sugar! You can enjoy them at happy hour, with friends, or even on your own!
Yuzu Ginger Margarita
Yuzu and ginger are both very detoxing and cleansing! Containing essential vitamins and minerals—yuzu is an excellent source of Vitamin C. I like using Tequila (or vodka) as it is a cleaner liquor option. Margaritas are usually filled with unnecessary sugars, carbs, and calories, so make sure to order or make it without any simple syrups to make it fully Nedi Approved.
- 2 oz organic fresh or bottled lime juice (recommended: Lakewood)
- 2 oz silver tequila (we recommend Espelon, Patron, or Casamigos)
- Stevia to taste
- 1 oz yuzu juice
- Freshly grated ginger
- Sea salt (optional)
- STEP 1: In a shaker, shake all the ingredients.
- STEP 2: Pour over ice.
- STEP 3: Stir in the freshly grated ginger.
- STEP 4: Sprinkle the sea salt directly into the drink or use to rim the glass (optional).
The New White Wine Spritzer
You may think of white wine spritzers as being a cocktail from the past—but they’re back! Forgo seltzer and instead use Zevia, which is a soda sweetened with stevia to make this one Nedi Approved.
- 6 oz white wine (Ex. Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 oz Zevia (Orange, Grapefruit, or Ginger Beer all taste amazing!)
- Freshly grated ginger
- Slice of citrus for garnish (optional)
- STEP 1: Mix the Zevia and wine.
- STEP 2: Garnish according to flavor & preference.
The Umami Lemongrass Martini
This twist on a classic martini utilizes tamari, which is a gluten-free soy sauce, and lemongrass – pairing perfectly with sushi!
- 2 oz Vodka
- Fresh Lemongrass
- 2 oz fresh or bottled lime juice (Recommended: Lakewood)
- 1 tsp Organic Tamari
- Ice Cubes
- STEP 1: Shake ingredients together with ice.
- STEP 2: Pour into a chilled glass.
- STEP 4: Garnish with lime wedge or blade of lemongrass (optional).
Cheers to a happy, healthy, and gorgeous spring season! Xx
Written By – Alexandra Malmed