I was super excited when I came across Cappello’s gluten free pasta at WholeFoods. Low on the glycemic index and made primarily from almond flour and egg, Cappello’s fettuccine has a deliciously rich, buttery flavor and silky consistency. I was blown away by how simple and delicious it tasted, especially paired with a yummy pesto sauce. It is a comforting, yet elegant dish that the entire family will enjoy.
Nutty Pesto Fettuccine
- Cappello’s fettuccine
For Walnut Pesto:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, chopped with seeds if you like it spicy
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups grated asiago/parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Cook pasta as per directions in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 2. Toss all of the in ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add an extra tbsp of water if the pesto seems too thick.
- STEP 3. Drain the pasta and toss with fettuccine. Garnish with parmesan cheese and walnuts.