Nothing is better than escaping the dead cold of winter for a caribbean island getaway. I love packing a suitcase, hopping on a plane and spending a long week or weekend away from the frosty city with my toes in the sand. One of the benefits of being a regular traveler is being an expert packer. Here are my
18 must pack items for a weekend at the beach
- Swimsuits – Obviously! Some of my favorite swimsuit brands are Melissa Odabash, Vix, Prey Swim and Ermanno Scervino.
- Coola Organic Sunscreen – a 2015 review of sunscreens by the Environmental Working Group found only 21% of the 1,700 reviewed sunscreens to be both safe and effective (source). So it’s really important to choose wisely, Coola Organic Sunscreen is organic, and will help protect you from the warm Caribbean sun.
- Coconut Body Butter – I am obsessed with anything coconut. This body butter is natural, made of 100% pure coconut. It will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and smelling like a beach vacation.
- LV Shawl – This classic Louis Vuitton shawl is a must have for the luxury traveler – it is delicate, sophisticated and the perfect beach essential for wrapping around your shoulders on a chilly night at the beach. This shawl is also a great travel piece for the plane!
- Chanel Sandals – elegant, timeless, and classy!
- Sunglasses – most importantly do not forget to pack a pair of sunnies! Not only will they make you look cute and beachy, they’ll also help keep your eyes wrinkle-free from the sun.
- Great Book – I love reading an engaging novel on the beach. Some of my favorite beach reads are The Girl On The Train, 11 Minutes, American Babe, The Secret and The Princess Trilogy.
- Fedora Hat – a fedora is the perfect travel accessory that you can rock on the plane and at the beach.
- Curling Iron – packing a curling iron is essential to avoiding frizzy hair in humid destinations.
- Maxi Dress – Maxi dresses are ideal for beach vacations. They are incredibly comfortable and can be worn day or night.
- Nude Pumps – I always bring a pair of pumps no matter where I travel to. They go with everything!
- Beach Bag – Goyard has magnificent beach bags that are large enough to do double duty on the plane and at the beach.
- Mophie Charger – the perfect accessory for making sure your battery stays charged during a long day at the beach.
- Green Powder – it can be challenging to find a green juice during an island vacation, so I always pick up these individual packs of green powder from the health food store to take with me. You can easily add them to water or juices.
- Booty Band – These resistance bands are the best for traveling. They literally don’t take up any space in your suitcase and can help add intensity to your hotel room workout.
- Sock Bun – Excellent way to throw your hair in a beautiful yet effortless bun. I seriously wore a bun for an entire week in Bali!
- Beats by Dre – great headphones are essential for traveling and for working out on the go. My go-to headphones are the Beats by Dre powerbeats3. The sound is great and they only need 5 minutes to charge for an hour work out!
- Essie Nude Polish – I keep my nails a nude Essie shade, usually a coat of Waltz with Vanity Fairest or Ballet Slippers. I always bring a bottle along on vacation just in case I get a chip.