One of my favorite meals on Earth is lasagna. It is always so comforting and I love making it. However, I have discovered an even better version using lasagna sheets that are made from hearts of palm. This cuts down on the calories and carbs when compared to regular lasagna. The taste is so similar that you won’t want to go back to heavy carb lasagna.
- 1 (20 oz.) jar lasagna from hearts of palm
- 2 cups nut milk of choice
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 (24 oz.) jar marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Miyokos Vegan mozzarella, shredded
- STEP 1. Drain and soak the palmini linguine in nut milk for at least an hour prior cooking. This will neutralize the acidity and it won’t taste like a vegetable. Drain and rinse palmini before ready to cook.
- STEP 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the onion. Sauté for a minute and add the garlic, mushrooms and carrots. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- STEP 3. Add the beef and using the wooden spoons, break up the meat so there is no large chunks. Add all of the spices and cook for about 8 minutes until meat is cooked through. Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 4. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- STEP 5. Spread 3 tablespoons of the beef sauce in a 8×8 glass Pyrex then start lining it with the lasagna sheets. It should fit 10 small sheets in total. Spread more of the beef sauce on top of the lasagna sheets. Sprinkle with vegan mozzarella. Repeat these steps until you run out of lasagna sheets. Make sure the top layer is of meat sauce and cheese.
- STEP 6. Bake for 15 minutes and broil for 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Tools/Products Used For This Recipe: