I love this dish so much! My boyfriend and I have a Sunday night ritual and always order this in our favorite restaurant. It’s our mini cheat-day indulgence and leaves us feeling so satisfied. There are many different ways to make this, and it can easily be substituted with different ingredients. If you don’t have these cheeses on hand, you can use whatever cheese you prefer, I personally love this combination. This goes for the milk as well, some people use heavy cream and that is delicious as well. The feta is salty so I don’t add too much salt, make sure to taste and see if it’s salty enough for you. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! xx
Potato Au Gratin
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced in thin circles
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, grated
- 1 cup full fat grass-fed milk
- 1 tbsp ghee (grass-fed butter is fine too)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Peel and cut the potatoes in thin circles.
- STEP 2. Heat water in a pot and boil the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- STEP 4. Lightly grease a small baking dish and start layering the gratin.
- STEP 5. First add the potatoes, then spread a little of ghee and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat until the mix is gone.
- STEP 6. Pour a glass of warm milk over the potatoes and top with beaten eggs.
- STEP 7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden on top.