The combination of salmon roe and crème fraîche together in a crepe is absolutely luscious! You will love these, remember salmon and creme cheese are not made only for bagels! 😉 You can prepare the batter from the night before and even make the crepes ahead of time. Fill them up before you are ready to serve.
Savory Crepes with Caviar
Makes 12 Crepes
For The Batter:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp dill or parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 5 eggs, whisked
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil spray (to grease the pan)
- crème fraîche
- salmon roe eggs
- STEP 1. In a large mixing bowl, combined all of the ingredients for the batter and beat with a fork until smooth.
- STEP 2. Heat a large skillet over high heat and spray with coconut oil.
- STEP 3. Using a ladle, pour one full ladle into the skillet and twist it around so it spreads evenly.
- STEP 4. Cook for 20-30 seconds and flip over. Cook the other side for another 20 seconds and transfer to a plate.
- STEP 5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the rest of the crepes.
- STEP 6. Spread crème fraîche inside of the crepes, fold them into small triangles and top them with salmon roe and fresh chives.