This slow cooked chicken with veggies will fill your home with an aromatic scent. It is the perfect meal that will warm up your soul on a chilly day. This one pot meal is family friendly, tastes incredible and it is so easy to prepare. I like to roughly chop all of the vegetables and season the chicken with sea salt and pepper. The dutch oven I used is by Great Jones and I love it because it can easily move from stove to oven. If you don’t have a dutch oven, you can use a slow cooker or a large stainless steel pot.
Slow Cooked Chicken with Veggies
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied and cut into pieces
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 tomato sauce or 1 grated tomato
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- STEP 1. Heat the ghee and olive oil over medium heat in the dutch oven. Sauté the leek, onion, and garlic. Add the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2. Add the sweet potato, parsnip, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, tomato sauce, spices, and water.
- STEP 3. Turn the heat on high and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. Lower the heat and cook covered for an hour. Add the parsley at the end and turn off heat. Serve while hot and enjoy!
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: