Waking up to my mom’s crepes (a.k.a. “palachinki” in Bulgarian) used to be my favorite thing in the world. The aroma spread through the house was so warming and making them now brings back lovely childhood memories. These crepes can be made with gluten-free flower for those who are gluten intolerant.
Sweet Berry Jam Crepes
Makes 12 Crepes
For The Batter:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 eggs, whisked
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of coconut sugar
- Berry jam from Juice Press or any organic brand will work
- vegan ricotta cheese
- STEP 1. Combined all of the ingredients for the batter and beat with a fork until smooth.
- STEP 2. Heat a large skillet over high heat and spray with coconut oil.
- STEP 3. Using a ladle, pour one full ladle into the skillet and twist it around so it spreads evenly.
- STEP 4. Cook for 20-30 seconds and flip over. Cook the other side for another 20 seconds and transfer to a plate.
- STEP 5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the rest of the crepes.
- STEP 6. Spread ricotta cheese inside of the crepes, roll them up and top with warm berry jam and some fresh blueberries.