This is an elegant dish that you can often find in most restaurants but now you can also make it at home. It is a personal favorite of mine! This tuna tataki salad is fresh, packed with nutrients, and perfect for lunch, dinner and entertaining. The combination of fiber and protein will keep you feeling full for hours. I like to use a mixture of both white and black sesame seeds to achieve a more beautiful color but you can use either.
Tuna Tataki Salad
For The Tuna:
- 6 oz. sushi grade tuna
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
For The Salad:
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- STEP 1. Season the tuna with salt and pepper.
- STEP 2. Mix sesame oil and tamari in a bowl and dip the tuna on each side.
- STEP 3. Add the sesame seeds in a plate and dip the tuna on each side so it is covered well.
- STEP 4. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat and add the tuna. Sear for 30 seconds on one side and flip. Sear for 20-30 seconds on the other side, depending on how you like it cooked. Less time, more rare. Longer time, more well done. Transfer tuna to a cutting board and rest for a minute before cutting it. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- STEP 5. In a bowl, add the mixed greens, carrots, chives, tamari and lime. Mix well.
- STEP 6. Arrange salad on plates and top with tuna.
Tools/Products Used For Recipe